The BIRTHFIT Coach Seminar is a strength and conditioning seminar for those who train (or might one day train) pregnant and postpartum athletes. This is for coaches, personal trainers, and anyone who works with women in the fitness world. This seminar is unlike anything else out there!
OBJECTIVES OF THE BIRTHFIT COACH SEMINAR:
- Learn basic anatomy and physiology associated with a woman’s body, pregnancy, birth, and postpartum.
- Understand the BIRTHFIT definition of “core” and discover the origins of functional movement and breath; integrate these principles into both prenatal and postpartum training.
- Explore the idea of fitness, strength, and conditioning specifically in the context of labor and delivery; understand the need to move with intention and train for birth. The intention is quality over quantity; it is not what you do, but how you do it.
- Understand beneficial movements and movements to avoid for specific trimesters.
- Facilitate a woman’s respect for her body and make space for her instincts—this trust starts in the gym. AWARENESS.
- Gain a respect for the uniqueness of both the birth and postpartum healing processes.
- Each woman has her own healing process and timeline.